Our passion and anointing for governmental ministries has grown over the years. Through your partnership with us, governmental ministries will continue to impact congressional leaders, ambassadors, presidents, prime ministers, kings and other influential leaders across the globe. For such a time as this…our message is critically needed and being very well received! God has been opening doors that have been sealed for many years.
To help governmental leaders become well versed, teaching God’s principles in order for these leaders to apply them to their nation’s governance.
What We Do?
Establish key relationships with national leaders, providing teaching and care, developing credibility, following the protocol of the places we serve, adding value to governmental leaders.
How we do it?
We host and sponsor meetings and gatherings where governmental leaders can meet with people of faith as we teach them to be “well versed” in biblical principles in order for them to be equipped to speak to the world’s complex cultural issues helping them to lead biblically in decisions they are faced with.
Well Versed will continue to grow the ministry as God opens doors. I will faithfully lead this ministry along with the talented team we’ve established in Washington D.C., New York City, Jerusalem and around the world.
We live in a broken world, but it does not need to be. Teaching our leaders responsible for the governance of their nation, to lead biblically in this time is crucial.
—Dr Jim Garlow, Founder, Founder & CEO
The Well Versed Team:
- Jim Garlow
- Rosemary Schindler Garlow
- Audrea Taylor Decker
- Tiffany Espenson
- Tracy Burger
- Rick Scarborough
- Scott Spages
- Phillip Juaregui
- Michele Bachmann
- Tsofia Nahon
We appreciate your prayers for God’s continued provision in opening doors to teach leaders and citizens to become Well Versed!
About Dr. Jim Garlow
Pastor, author, communicator, commentator, historian, cultural observer, Founder and CEO of Well Versed, Inc.
EDUCATION / YEAR OF GRADUATION
- Drew University (Ph.D. in historical theology), 1979
- Princeton Theological Seminary (Master of Theology), 1973
- Asbury Theological Seminary (Master of Divinity), 1972
- Southern Nazarene University (B.A. & M.A.), 1969 & 1971
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University (A.A.), 1967
- Have served as the Senior Pastor of Skyline Church in La Mesa, CA (San Diego area) for 23 years, from 1995 to 2018, a church of 2,100 in average attendance.
- In 1983, planted a church – Metroplex Chapel – with seven people in the heart of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, which grew to 800, and served there for 13 years until 1995.
- From 1979 to 1983, served on the staff as “Minister of Lay Development” at the First Nazarene Church, Bethany OK, attendance 2,000, adjacent to Southern Nazarene University.
- From 1977 to 1979, was a college professor (Church History, Bible and Evangelism) at Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Bartlesville, OK.
- From 1973 to 1977, was pastor of Trenton Wesleyan Church, a very small inner-city church in the heart of Trenton, NJ, while in a doctoral program at Drew University.
- In 1971-72, served as Youth Pastor at Rosemont Baptist Church, Lexington, KY, while a student at Asbury Theological Seminary.
- In 1969, served as Youth and Music Pastor in the Baptist Church in Concordia, KS, Jim’s hometown.
MEDIA / INTERVIEWS
Heard daily on 834 radio outlets nationwide in his one-minute commentary called “The Garlow Perspective.”
Has done approximately 1,300 radio, TV and print interviews – national and local – covering a wide range of topics: historical, theological, political, religious liberty, marriage, family issues and cultural trends, appearing on numerous national TV shows on NBC, ABC, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, CNBC and Comedy Central.
Has written 17 books.
To be released in 2019, Why God is So Excited About You: 27 Lessons I Learned from the Father from the Joys and Hurts of Life (manuscript is done; to be released next year), Regnery/Salem Publishers, Washington, DC.
September 2018, This Precarious Moment: Six Urgent Steps that Will Save You, Your Family and Our Country, co-authored with Historian David Barton, Regnery/Salem Publishers.
In 2016, Well Versed: Biblical Answers to Today’s Tough Issues, which lays out the Bible’s answers to 30 political topics, was released by Regnery Publishers of Washington, DC, on historical, theological and cultural issues. It was hand delivered to all 535 Members of Congress and 7,383 State Legislators in all 50 states. It was translated into Hungarian in August 2018.
Co-authored book Cracking Da Vinci’s Code, which made the New York Times Bestsellers List. A related book, The Da Vinci CodeBreaker, a dictionary with over 500 key Da Vinci Code related terms, went on to become a bestseller.
Co-authored Heaven and the Afterlife in 2009, which was followed by the 2010 release of Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife, the 2011 release of Miracles Are For Real, and then in 2012, Real Life Real Miracles, all four published by Bethany House, The Baker Group. In October of 2018, the first two of these four books are being re-released together as a Heaven and the Afterlife Collection.
Other books include (and original publishers):
- How God Saved Civilization (re-released as God And His People,) a walk through 2,000 years of Church History, David C. Cook Publishers.
- A Christian’s Response to Islam, a simple guide to life in post-9-11 America.
- The Covenant (re-released as The Blood Covenant), the single most important key to understanding the Bible, Beacon Hill Press.
- Partners in Ministry, pastors, and laity working together, equipping laypersons for the local church and marketplace ministry, Beacon Hill Press.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership Tested by Time, Thomas Nelson Publishers, a subsidiary of HarperCollins.
- God Still Heals, a biblical analysis of healing, Wesleyan Publishing House.
- The Secret Revealed, an expose on some of the components of the New Age movement, The Hachette Book Group, NYC, Paris.
Books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages.
PRESENT GOVERNMENTAL MINISTRY
Garlow has pastored churches his entire adult life, but will now be transitioning from a local church in San Diego to focus on three cities and three ministries: Washington, DC, New York City and Jerusalem.
- In 2014, Skyline Church launched a ministry to Congressmen in the US Capitol called the “Jefferson Gathering.” That is now expanding to include Bible studies in the various agencies and departments in DC.
- In 2017, Skyline Church launched a ministry of “Word and Worship” in the United Nations in New York City. Most recently, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley has agreed to help sponsor our “Hammarskjold Society” at the UN.
- In early 2018, Skyline Church launched the “Schindler Society” in the Knesset, the Israeli Parliament in Jerusalem. These occasional events consist of Jews and Christians studying the Bible (Tenakh) together, hosted by Jim and Rosemary Garlow, in conjunction with Israel365, led by Rabbi Yehuda Glick, a Member of the Knesset.
- In late 2018, Well Versed, Inc., an independent 501c3 was created as the umbrella for all governmental ministries.
Garlow serves on the White House Faith Leaders Initiative.
A small group of us – pastors and Christian leaders – have met with President al Sissi of Egypt (his first meeting with evangelicals), King Abdullah II of Jordan, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, President Jimmy Morales of Guatemala and President Juan Orlando Hernandez of Honduras.
PAST GOVERNMENTAL MINISTRY
During California’s Proposition 8 (defense of marriage) battle in 2008, he founded and led the California Pastors Rapid Response Team, a group of networked pastors committed to the sacredness of life and the sanctity of marriage.
For three years, Garlow served as the National Chairman of Pulpit Initiative, which spearheaded the yearly Pulpit Freedom Sunday – a movement involving pastors across America – in conjunction with the Alliance Defending Freedom, an alliance of 2,200 attorneys focused on religious freedom issues.
PERSONAL / MARRIAGE / CHILDREN
Born May 25, 1947.
Jim was married to Carol for 42 years, who died of cancer in April of 2013. Jim and Carol had adopted four children.
In 2014, Jim married Rosemary Schindler (with a family connection to Oskar Schindler). She has made 66 trips to Israel. She works to support the remaining living Jewish Holocaust survivors and to support the Israeli Defense Forces through such organizations as the FIDF.
Together, Jim and his wife Rosemary have eight children, eight grandsons, and two granddaughters.
Stay Connected as we write New Chapters all to be Well Versed!
Phone: 855.777.9355 (WELL)